1.1. Information for applicants1. 11 master students per year - 7 students (from recommendation and screening) + 4 students (from entrance examination):
(1) Recommendation and Screening: Application materials 50% + Interview 50%
- Graduated from relevant departments which disciplines contain science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- The applicant needs to have the basic ability of programming (such as Python, C/C++/C#, Java, R or Matlab, etc., at least one).
ii. Application materials:
- Transcripts (with proof of ranking)
- Two reference letters (with the format from NCKU admission system)
- Autobiography (must contain evidence of interdisciplinary ability or potential)
- Study plan (must include application motivation, relevant background or experience, interdisciplinary research expected to invest, future development or employment planning, etc.)
- Reports, portfolios or other helpful documentation (If the work is a collaboration of more than one person, please indicate the name of the collaborator and the part and responsible percentage).
- Participate in the interview based on the review results. Those with excellent review results will be admitted directly without the interview (up to 1/2 of the enrollment quota).
- Priority will be given to applicants with the following characteristics:
- Those who are interested in computing science, artificial intelligence, data science and related fields.
- Those who are willing to apply advanced semiconductor process technology to the industry.
1.2 Degree Programs: Interdisciplinary Curriculum Planning Concept and Characteristic1.Focus on strengthening students' cultivation of computing knowledge and skills, be able to conduct demand analysis and system design in specific application fields, and design courses for students in various discipline.
2. Interdisciplinary courses emphasize teamwork, which can train students with system integration capabilities.
3.Leverage the advanced courses in computing/professional fields of existing departments, with course guides and course maps.
4.Some courses will be connected with industry, and teachers with interdisciplinary expertise and industry experts will jointly guide students to implement application topics.
5.There are more than 20 teachers across the colleges of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Engineering, science, and Management.
6.Link industry, academia, and research resources to provide a comprehensive interdisciplinary application-oriented integrated teaching and research environment!
2.1 Regulations：Credits1. Graduation requirement: (detailed regulations can be seen in the attachment: Regulations of Master's Degree in Intelligent Computing, some of the regulations are divided into EECS and non-EECS backgrounds)
(1) Elective courses for 24 credits, with the maximum 6 credits from course waiver.
(2) Required course: Seminar (0 credit). Before graduation, students must need to complete Seminar (1) (2) (3) (4).
(3) With agreement from advisors, students can enroll 6 credits courses from other departments.
Contact InformationContact Person：Kacie
Office Hour: Mon- Fri 9:00~17:00
Office Address: Yun Ping East Building 5F, Office of Miin Wu School of Computing